Friday, May 8, 2009

Feed issue resolved!

I went to my friends' blogs, TETRA86 and Venny Karlina, and I realize that my link is not working properly. There was no latest post title and last updated time listed on their Blog Lists. At first I thought I didn't set up the feed settings properly, but the settings were perfectly fine. And then I thought it was an issue with Blog List widget, but I could not find any satisfactory fix online.

After researching for two hours and trying various kind of methods, I finally figured out how to solve it thanks to Pete Freitag's tutorial. Apparently the problem is on the layout that I created -__-;; There's still so much I need to learn!!! So anyway, if you notice that your blog does not appear correctly in your friends' Blog List widget, you might want to try adding this somewhere between the <head> ..... </head> tag on your layout:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom Feed" href="[complete link to your feed]" />


Sorry for the inconvenience, but if it is possible, for those of you who have linked to my blog before, could you re-link it again? Thanks a lot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment