Sunday, January 21, 2007

Eating Healthy

Recently I'm trying to have a healthy meal everyday, though I realize this costs quite a big amount of money, as my spending on groceries becomes double than usual. But if it can help me to stay healthy, I don't mind.

I try my best to fulfill the principle that everyone in Indonesia has learned since he/she was in the kindergarten: 4 Sehat 5 Sempurna (in English it literally means '4 Healthy 5 Perfect'. Hmmmm... Sounds weird. Hahaha...) Well anyway, 4 Sehat 5 Sempurna states that for a meal, people should eat enough carbohydrates, meats, veggies, and fruits to make them healthy; to make it more perfect, they should also drink milk. That's the gist of it.

So here is what my last week meal looked like everyday:
Carbs - Rice, Garlic Bread, Muffin
Meats - Beef, Pork, Imitation Crab, Meatball (a.k.a Steamboat)
Veggie - Spinach
Fruit - Banana
Drinks - Chocolate Soy Milk, Water, Apple Juice
Desserts - a block of Dark Chocolate or a block of Ferrero Rocher, Chocolate Ice Cream
Snacks - Chocolate Hazelnut flavored Pirouette, Kebbler's Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Others - Egg

Yeah, I'm trying to gain weight. But the weird thing is that I keep losing weight although I keep eating and sleeping. Hahaha...

Anyway, this week is a week of cooking! I cooked a lot. Seriously... For someone who lives by herself, I cooked 4 kinds of dishes. Cool huh? Yesterday I made Teriyaki Beef and Ayam Bakar ala Edo (Edo's BBQ Chicken), though the chicken was not successful at all. Just now I made Cah Sosis Jagung Manis (Frank & Sweet Corn) and Tumis Sapi Lada Hitam (Black Pepper Beef). Yeay! Now I don't have to worry about not having any food to eat but lazy to cook. The Black Pepper Beef is kinda bold though. If I eat it without rice, it will be too hot.

The recipes for Tumis Sapi Lada Hitam and Cah Sosis Jagung Manis are from this website. Thanks for the site-owner ^^

Tumis Sapi Lada Hitam
Tumis Sapi Lada Hitam. I didn't put kapri (I don't know the English word for it) because I don't like it.

Cah Sosis Jagung Manis
Cah Sosis Jagung Manis

No comments:

Post a Comment